Friday, August 29, 2008

Poppin' Pastels

I actually made this card a long time ago but I simply have not had time to finish anything to post for a couple days so I dug this picture out of the "archives". I just love how it looks. I demoed this at a workshop and everyone was amazed by the technique. So simple but so pretty.
Recipe: Regal rose base. Used versamark for the background stamp and then used the sponge daubers with pastels to colour. I did a diagonal pattern but others did vertical and horizontal colouring and it looked nice, too. The heart is from Simply Said and "Love" is from Wonderful Words. I also used some pastels on the edge of the sentiment layer. The ribbon is the retired wide organdy.

I am working on a couple of coaster boxes right now. One for my daughter and one for me. I should have time to finish them tomorrow between my lunch with a friend and my nephew's 2nd birthday party.

No comments: