Friday, August 8, 2008

Let the Games Begin!

Well, my new catties finally arrived! The more I look through it the more I like it and the longer my list of "must haves" gets. These cards are for my open house on Monday - the FREE make & take! They are a spinoff of another card I did in black and white with a zebra in the window. The one on the left is Pacific Point with Baja Breeze. Used Heard from the Heart along with the flowers from Simply Said, the 1", 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches and a silver brad. The other is Tangerine Tango with Baja Breeze. Stamped the sentiment in white but it wasn't dark enough so I did it again in Baja. Pretty pleased with the results. Both cards use the scallop edge punch (can't get enough of that thing!) and whisper white on the inside. I think I will do another card in Riding Hood Red using the square punch. I like to give people options!
I am so excited that the Olympics have started! I love the summer Olympics. I am most looking forward to the gymnastics as that has always been a favorite but I also had the chance to meet Kyle Shewfelt on a few occasions and even had him to speak at a conference I organized. I have been in touch with him on and off the last couple of years. He is an amazing person and I have my fingers and toes crossed for him. He has an awesome blog www.kyleshewfelt.blogspot.com . You should check it out. GO CANADA!

No comments: