Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Post of 2008




I just got this cute cupcake stamp from Stampin' Up the other day. I had been contemplating buying it for awhile but I was hesitant because of the writing inside the base. Last night when I went to mount it I thought, "Why not just cut it out? That way I don't have to worry about trying to mask it and I can always use my stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the words if I want them." So, that's what I did. It was quite easy and I am so happy I did it. I just need to find a block to put the inside on now. The card was inspired by another one I did awhile back using the Flight of the Butterfly set and this scallop envelop die for the Big Shot. I added some piercing (which I need to remember to do more - it looks so nice!) and just used the new heart punch which I LOVE! The DSP is from the new Candy Lane paper that is part of the new Valentine's Day Bundle from SU. Unfortunately it is sold out at the moment but hopefully they will have more in soon. I am waiting for my stamp set that goes with the bundle.
I hope to do some more stamping today. I just have to watch that I don't do too much or my back gets sore. On a happy note I got my new vehicle! Decided to go with an SUV this time so I am now driving a Volvo XC90 in silver. I haven't had it out much yet but so far I love it. I hope everyone has a very safe and happy new year's eve. We don't have any plans. My husband is sick so that puts a bit of a damper on the night but the kids and I will have fun playing the Wii that Santa brought us. That thing is awesome! I used the Wii Fit yesterday (first workout in way too long!) My back has been really sore but I figured I would try it anyway. I did some Yoga and some strength training as well as a few balance games. LOVE IT! If you have a Wii and don't have Wii Fit, get it! I hope that it will keep me motivated. Only 1 month until we are in Puerto Rico...not really enough time to get back in shape but it's better than nothing. OK, well I will stop rambling and let you enjoy the rest of your day!

3 comments:

Alicia Weiman said...

This envelope idea is so cute. This would be a fun card to make.

By the way, I love your new house. I love to look at houses and play with different designs. I have our house all planned out down to the woodwork and what kind of flooring I want where. I told my husband the other day that I even know where I want different angles in the house so I can start and stop different paint colors....I think way too much about my house plans, but we only plan on building once! You do wonderful work. Thanks for stopping by my blog....I'll be adding you to my favorites for sure!

Anonymous said...

Great idea with the cupcake and I just love your Valentine's card!

Jodi said...

I have this cupcake stamp as well and still haven't mounted it, because I want to cut the middle out too. However, the bottom line in the word section is sooo close to the outline of the cupcake ~ what did you use to cut it out?