Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Using the Negative

This card uses the negative image created by the Snowflake #2 die from Stampin' Up. I made a card the same as this using the positive image. When cutting the positive image use a piece of cardstock that is 5 1/4 by 4. Centre it on the die and then cut. Now you can make 2 cards from one die cut! It is hard to see in this picture but I used some pastels (blue) with a sponge dauber to soften the look around the edges. I also used the cutter kit to rough the edges of the white layer. The vellum is 1 1/2 inches and then the edges ripped after embossing in silver. I used silver brads to adhere the vellum to to the white and then snailed the white to the Night of Navy. This way you can't see the back of the brads. I also added some dazzling diamonds to the exposed parts of the snowflake. Click here to see the card I made using the positive image. (I hope that works!) If not look for it under Christmas cards! I will be using this card at my stamp-a-stack on Friday. SU Edmonton regionals are next weekend and the positive version of this card is my swap so I have lots of negatives to use up!

No comments: