Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Loonie for Spiders


Aren't these little guys adorable? I got the idea from a couple of blogs (Creative Treasuers and I think Impressions as well). They used York peppermint patties but I just used chocolate loonies from Dollarama. (10 for $1!) This uses the scallop circle punch, the photo corner punch, as well as the 1/2" and 1/4" circle punches. I also used a white gel pen for the eyes. I just think they are so cute. I actually giggled after each one was assembled. I have 12 people coming to my stamp-a-stack on Friday and I thought I would give one of these to each of them as a little thank you. I had hoped to make these for my daughter's grade 1 class but the darn chocolate may have traces of nuts. I am hoping to find something else to use. My original idea was to use the circular gum containers (like the Hubba Bubba tape gum only about 5 for $1 and smaller) that I found at Dollarama around Valentine's Day but they didn't have any when I was there today. I will have to keep checking back and hope that they get more in or something else that is circular!

No comments: