Sunday, September 7, 2008

Tic Tac Toe Tin
















I bought a bunch of CD tins from PaperWorksCo . Wasn't sure what I would do with them. And then I thought of this! The outside is decorated with Chocolate Chip cardstock, designer paper, and the big scallop is cardstock on chipboard (made using the Big Shot). The J is embossed in silver. (It's for my daugher Jenna). For the inside I cut a piece of designer paper and made a grid with ribbon. Cardstock would be simpler but this ribbon just looked so darn cute. Then I stamped kitties and puppies from the All in the Family Accessories stamp set. They are punched out with the 1 inch circle punch. Then I took some old magnets (business card kins..really thin) and used the 1/2" SU punch. I was so happy it punched thru the magent, and easily. Then I used a dimensional on the magent and stuck it onto the 1" circle. The dimensional is important as you want it to be easy to pick the peices off. You need 5 of each game piece. There is 1 more circle (puppy) not shown that is stored on the inside of the tin lid. This is such a simple project but I think kids will like it. It's perfect to keep in the car to keep them busy while you drive, or even in restaurants.

No comments: