Sunday, November 16, 2008

Something Different

Good morning. Today I thought I would start out with a post that's a little different. A recipe! Well, it's so simple I don't know that it can really be called a recipe. These are the yummiest little treats ever!

You need:
-small twisted pretzels
-Hershey's kisses
-M&M's (chocolate kind, not peanut)

Lay out some pretzels on a cookie sheet and put an unwrapped kiss on top of each pretzel. Put the tray in the oven at a low temp (about 200 or so) and let the kisses soften. It takes maybe 5 minutes or so but every oven seems to be a little different. Check them frequently the first time you do it so you know how long it takes. If the oven is too hot or you leave them in too long the chocolate will dry out. What you want is for the kiss to be soft enough so that when you place an m&m on the tip and push down the chocolate just sinks. When the chocolate is soft take the tray out and place an m&m on each kiss and push down gently. Allow them to cool and then store in a container in the fridge. These are sooooooo yummy and addictive! And they are a great treat to make with the kids. Let them have the task of unwrapping all the kisses - they love it! We really don't have a name for these and when I asked my kids what we should call them my 9 year old replied, "We should call them Heaven!" LOL! He's right! These are a great treat any time of year but we especially like them at Christmas.

Hard to believe that is right around the corner. I think we will try to get our lights up today while it's still fairly decent outside. But they will NOT be turned on for a few weeks. That is a real pet peeve of mine...Xmas lights on in November! And trees up! Are you kidding me? At least 2 houses on my street have their trees up! I find that a little weird. I usually put mine up around the end of the first week in December and that sucker is down on New Year's Day. Any longer than that and I think I would go crazy. Well, enjoy your Sunday. I hope to have some cards or scrapbooking pics to post later today.

2 comments:

Alesha Walls said...

How easy is that? I love it and I'm going to try it later this week. Thanks for posting pics!

Anonymous said...

I made these for the first time this year and they were a hit! Thanks! They will definitely be back on the menu for next year's Christmas bash!