Friday, January 2, 2009

Cupcake and Storage Ideas

Here is my first card made using the Simple Birthday Thanks that I showed you a couple days ago with the centre cut out. I stamped the top part of the image using Pixe Pink for the cupcake, Real Red for the Cherry and Bravo Burgundy for the stem. I coloured the inside with pastel and a sponge dauber. The sprinkles are chunky glitter and I also added a touch of dazzling diamonds to the cherry. For the bottom I stamped just the bottom of the cupcake, cut it out, flipped it over and ran it though the crimper. It is all attached to a whisper white card with dimensionals. The sentiment is from Crazy for Cupcakes. I also used the sponge dauber and pastel around the outside of the card to soften it. My 6 year old "pink freak" loves it! She was the first to use this stamp and can't get enough. She even made me a card (which is not unusual). She left it on my night stand on New Year's Eve. What a sweetie she can be! I will take a picture today and post it.

Hope your new year is off to a great start. I am off to IKEA today (woohoo!) to get a few things and check out storage and set up ideas for my new studio. I fcame across an awesome blog last night that show all sorts of organizational ideas for stamping and scrapbooking and some amazing craft spaces. Is is called Crafty Storage. Click here to check it out.



No comments: