Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Thanks...I needed that!



So, I have been having one of those days when nothing seems to go right and everyone and everything is driving me nuts. I have so much work to do as I did not keep up with everything in December after my accident and then with Christmas...sigh! But then, while checking out my favorite blogs, as I do almost every day, I get the biggest compliment ever! My blog is now listed on someone else's favorite blogs! Now if that doesn't cheer a girl up, I don't know what would! It may sound a little silly but aren't we all looking for approval and for people to like what we do? Anyway, I am so excited to be listed on Alicia's blog (Happy Stampin'). She does awesome work (check out her blog!) and is an inspiration to me when I read about all she deals with on a daily basis having a young son with cancer.


Anyway, the card I have posted is one I made ages ago but I still really like it. I used the Pick a Petal set and stamped on DSP with black and then cut out the petals and made them into a flower. The middle is one of the flower punches (can't remember which 3-flower punch at the moment). Then I embossed Thank You in white. The colours look a little weird in the picture but you get the idea. I did this at a workshop and everyone loved it.


And thank you, Alicia, for making me smile! I needed that!

1 comment:

Alicia Weiman said...

Oh, I'm so glad that cheered you up. I love your card. I am actually searching to find an old valentine that I made last year that I thought I would post again. What did you use for the "white" thank you? I'm not a big fan of the craft ink, but I'm guessing that is what you used.

Have a good day! I'm off to feed our horses, make the kids breakfast, and then hopefully sit down to make my friend a baby card.